2.01.2012

...kristen's goal: to master this machine...


...creatives tend to lean towards busy, often chaotic lives, leaving little time to fulfill those desires to do "all the things". thanks to sweet & soutie's latest theme of "starting something new," we are MAKING time to master new skills and do all the things we've been meaning to tackle.
after having my christmas wish list fulfilled, i am at a good starting point to learn 
a skill i have wanted to learn since forever - how to go beyond "auto" on a fancy pants digital camera.  
introducing: my new rebel T2I
i've started with trying to photograph my fabric range. it's tricky because colour accuracy is imperative, and i don't have great lighting in my studio.  i usually gravitate towards learning through trial and error instead of reading manuals, but i am committed to doing things properly this time. so i've been reading the manual, (to my husband's disbelief!) and i've found some useful tips in this pdf: here  
still a long way to go, but, fingers crossed, a year from now i will be shooting like a pro. my first attempt is above. 
good luck to all the other s&s gals on their "something new!"...
                                                                                         ~ kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment