on a day like today you just can't help but smile, even if people burned 6 busses this morning and it was a struggle to get to work. there are just some things in life that money can't buy. i woke up to the beautiful view in the first photo and came to work to find the welcoming view in the second photo. it's as if spring is slapping a smile on my face today.
...we're so excited to introduce you to carmen schaefer, designer, lecturer at red & yellow school and blogger over at hey audrey... 1. What's your creative thing? I’m a graphic designer.At the moment I’m designing a book
2. Describe your dream studio? Lots of books, a sofa, and a cat.
And uncluttered.Kitted out with
the kind of furniture one buys at LIM.
3. What fuels your creative energy? Deadlines.
4. The first creative thing you can remember making? When I was small I used to draw a
well-dressed family every day. The pictures always consisted of a mom, dad, and
their two children: a boy and a girl. Every day I would draw them dressed for a
different occasion: a journey on a ship, in Japan, or at a smart ball. I loved
dreaming up their outfits.
5. The first creative thing you were paid to create? Whilst studying I painted murals all over my flat. A friend
of a friend came to visit, liked what he saw, and then paid me to paint a Rousseau-like
mural in his toilet. He was a
lawyer. And it was hard work!
6. That one thing you're so glad you made? Every wedding invitation
I’ve ever designed.
7. If you could live inside any artwork in the world, which
would it be? “At the mirror” by Georg
Friedrich Kersting. I love the German Romantic painters.
8. If you could collaborate with one famous creative, dead or alive, who would it be? Paula Scher. She is a wonderfully
intelligent designer, and she seems like such a lovely warm person too.
9. The local design magazine you always read? I used to love the Design Indaba
magazine… but now with internet, I read blogs like ‘Between 10 and 5’ And
‘Sweet and Soutie’ of course!
10. The salutation at the end of your email? ‘Warm regards’ if it’s a friendly
e-mail, and just ‘regards’ if it’s not.
...our lovely get together felt so short. the saying is just to true, how time flies when you are having fun. the stunning heart-button-badges was done by dipped 'n dusted. our gift was donated by dipped 'n dusted and tjou-tjou. our lucky winner of the lucky draw was jesse from jezze prints...